Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Technical Difficulties

Our trip has been wonderful so far. We are in Alberta and should be in British Columbia by tonight.

We stayed in Edmonton last night and were able to witness the electrical power of a super-cell storm over the top of us. 3 storms converged over the Alberta prarie directly over Edmonton and unleashed their fury: rain, hail, lightning and wind. I watched it all unfold from the picture window of our 7th floor hotel room.

Canada is much more desolate than I expected. The fabled Trans-Canadian highway is not the interstate that I expected but just a small 2 and 4 lane highway with little traffic. Computer access in a number of places has been unreliable and the WiFi in our hotel last night did not work. I am typing this up again on my phone at 75mph (120 kph) while Amy drives. We are just outside of Fox Creek, AB.

A more detailed post when I can do it...

1 comment: