Monday, July 5, 2010

Clark & Jerry's Big Adventure

Here comes my next big adventure! This Friday, July 9th, my friend Jerry and I will embark on a flying trip extrodinaire. We are taking his 2007 Columbia 400 and flying it around the US for three weeks. We will be landing at 30 airports in 19 different states as we circle the country in a clockwise fashion.

Since I am working towards my commercial pilots licence I need 250 hours of flying time. I figured if I am going to spend money to accumulate these hours I might as well do it while having an adventure at the same time. I found out that Jerry was looking for a partner to fly with on this great trip and I threw my name in the hat. Now, here we are 2 and a half months later and we are just days away from departure. Very cool.

Jerry and I have been working on the preparations for a while now and we feel ready. We had a meeting this morning to work out some information database details. We are meeting one more time on Thursday morning to pack the plane and then Friday we are wheels-up at 7 am. Excellent.

Keep tuned in here for the final preparations and the daily updates and photos during the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment