Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Day at the Lake


This has been a nice and quite day. I slept in till 8:30 which was totally amazing. I really needed that. Then I just took the morning real easy and watched a bit of TV. For those of you that know me you know that Amy and I don't watch TV. The last time I was watching TV Seinfeld and Friends were the two most popular shows. That was around 14 years ago. So, I am a little out of the loop. I watched a show "House" this morning; it is a kind of medical drama. Interesting. The main character was dealing with a patient on a commercial flight. It was all a bit over the top. Never saw the captain once and I was wondering what happened to the weight and balance of the plane when House told everyone who had one of the meals on the flight to get up and go vomit in the lavatories. About 40 people rushed the back of the plane all at once. Hmmm... :)

Jerry and I had lunch together. He is feeling sick again and decided to lay low for the day. After lunch I headed down to the lake and had the best time swimming in its ultra clear waters and sleeping in the sun on the coarse warm sand of the beaches. It was absolutely lovely. I grabbed a little dinner across the street from our hotel and then had a great long talk on the phone with my love, Amy. I can't wait to spend the month of August with her. She will be done teaching NJSP at the end of next week and then we are taking off to Alaska. We were going to fly commercially there but now we have decided to drive there by going across Canada. It will be great. We have driven across the US so many wonderful times but other than our driving tour through the Atlantic proveniences in 2004 and our motorcycle trips into British Columbia in 1999 we have not toured across Canada. Looking forward to it!

I am now going to call it an early evening and hit the sack. Tomorrow we are off to Yellowstone and then to Jackson Hole, WY... Whoo-hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Your trip to Alaska and across Canada sounds really nice! Look forward to hearing about ALL of your adventures when you are back on NJ soil! On to read more recent posts...

    ReplyDelete